Contrast
Text Size

Language

Peterson Resigns from Hermantown City Council Due to Move

Uncategorized | September 21, 2022

For Immediate Release – September 21, 2022

Peterson Resigns from Hermantown City Council Due to Move

Hermantown, Minn. – Natalie Peterson announced her resignation from the Hermantown City Council at the Monday, September 19, meeting. Peterson’s resignation was due to her moving outside the City of Hermantown.

“The last eight years of being on the City Council have been some of the most rewarding moments I have had while living in Hermantown,” said Peterson. “I have always been grateful to be able to work with a council, staff, and community that truly care about continuing to make Hermantown an incredible hometown. This isn’t just a tagline; it is something that is truly felt in Hermantown. I feel very fortunate that I had the opportunity to raise my children here, live here, and serve the community in many ways. There are several memories, moments, and accomplishments that will always be remembered, and no matter where I am I will always continue to have Hawk Pride.” 

Peterson was key in moving forward a variety of initiatives and projects during her tenure as a city councilor. Her efforts helped the Essentia Wellness Center come to fruition, as well as the success of the Hermantown Marketplace, Hermantown Square, the city’s updated branding and messaging, and the creation of the Boulder Trail – the initial section of the Hermantown Connector Trail System.

“Natalie has been a dedicated and engaged member of our community for as long as I have known her and she brought that passion to her role as a City Council member,” said John Mulder, Hermantown’s City Administrator. “She was active in helping our community grow by her leadership and support on a number of significant projects that will serve our community for decades.” 

Peterson, who called Hermantown home for more than two decades, was also an important proponent of the community’s “Hawk Pride” initiative to help build Hermantown’s new schools.

Peterson’s resignation leaves an opening on the City Council, but with an election approaching in a few months, plans are to leave the seat vacant until it is filled by Hermantown voters in November.

###

For more information, contact: Joe Wicklund, Communications & Community Engagement Director, City of Hermantown at [email protected] or 218.729.3614.