For Immediate Release – March 17, 2023
St. Fennessy 4K to Temporarily Impact Hermantown Roads
Hermantown, Minn. – Grandma’s Marathon is set to host the tenth running of the St. Fennessy 4K Run/Walk in Hermantown on Saturday, March 18. This year’s event features a changed route, as the newly-designed course now starts and finishes at Skyline Social & Games.
The event will cause road closures beginning shortly after 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 18, and is expected to last until noon. The event will impact the following roadways:
- Stebner Road will close from West Arrowhead Road to just south of Village Drive at 9:15 a.m. and reopen before noon.
- West Arrowhead Road will close from Stebner Road to Lavaque Road at 9:30 a.m. and reopen at 11:30 p.m.
- The intersection at Stebner Road and West Arrowhead Road will remain open in two directions; traffic will be allowed to travel north on Stebner and turn east on West Arrowhead Road, and vehicles can travel west on West Arrowhead Road from U.S. Highway 53 and turn south on Stebner Road.
- The intersection at Lavaque Road and West Arrowhead Road will remain open in three directions but will close to traffic turning East on West Arrowhead Road.
- Residents of Heartwood Lane will be safely guided in and out of the area if necessary.
- Detour and event congestion warning signs will be in place to alert and direct traffic accordingly. Motorists are asked to slow down and be alert to special signage and follow directions of traffic control volunteers at the race course.
All proceeds from this fun, all-ages event benefit the Young Athletes Foundation, the charity arm of Grandma’s Marathon, Inc., which directly supports youth sports and wellness organizations throughout our region.
A map of the race course is found below.
For more information, contact: Joe Wicklund, Communications Director, City of Hermantown at [email protected] or 218.729.3614.